GANNON AND BENJAMIN IN THE PRESS
- CLASSIC BOAT MAGAZINE, "Blue Water Racers," June 2012, pp. 36-40. Excellent picture of 65' G&B-built schooner JUNO in 2012 Antigua Race Regatta. JUNO again won her class.
- THE MARINE QUARTERLY, A Journal of the Sea, Spring 2012, "One Man and His Harbour," by Andrew Cockburn, pp. 79-85. How Nat Benjamin arrived on the Vineyard, partnered with Ross to start G&B and avoid MacDonald's settling in Vineyard Haven. An appreciation
- "Schooners of Vineyard Haven," by Gilly Gobinet, in Antigua Classic Yacht Regatta programme 2012, p. 42-43 with photos of schooners Rebecca and Juno, 60' and 65' respectively
- CAPE COD LIFE, Martha's Vineyard & Nantucket, 2012 Annual Guide, p.115. Interview with Nat, Ross and Brad, with full page picture.
- Vineyard Gazette,"New Kid on Block Helps Navigate Boatyard," January 27, 2012, by Mark Lovewell. Features addition of Brad Abbott to G&B partnership.
- CLASSIC BOAT, Special American Edition, November 2011, p. 85, "Busy Gannon & Benjamin recruits third partner." Picture of recently refurnished 38' ketch "Encore."
- ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST;Flair for Living, May 2011, p.134, "Sea Worthy", features the 65' schooner "Juno," designed and built by Gannon and Benjamin in 2003.
- WALL STREET JOURNAL, January 16, 2011, book review section,a picture by Ben Mendlowitz of "Rebecca," designed by Nat Benjamin and built by Gannon and Benjamin and "When and If," restored by Gannon and Benjamin after departing her mooring in a severe storm
- CLASSIC BOAT, November/December 2010, pp 54-55, "Gannon and Benjamin's Party," pictures and text about the July 2010 launch of the 44' sloop "Elita."
- BOSTON GLOBE, Ideas Section, column "Shelf Life," by Jan Gardner, Sunday, June 6, 2010: "Vineyard Beauty", a review of the book "Schooner," by Tom Dunlop with photographs by Alison Shaw.
- CRUISING WORLD, June 2010,p. 25, double spread picture of REBECCA's launch taken from the book "Schooner," and p.31 a review of "Schooner" under Good Books column.
- "Schooner, Building a wooden boat on Martha's Vineyard," Vineyard Stories, 2010, by Tom Dunlop, photographs by Alison Shaw. The building of REBECCA and her life post-launch.
Published to mark G&B's 30-year anniversay.
- Charlotte: A Wooden Boat Story, DVD filmed by Brian Dowley and produced by Antidote Films of New York, NY, narrates pictorially the construction of the 50' schooner Charlotte and conveys the passion and ethos of those who built her.
- WOODEN BOAT magazine, Number 214, June 2010, "A 29' Weekender from Gannon and Benjamin," (cover story)features the Holmes Hole 29 "Wave", launched in 2009.
- SAIL MAGAZINE, Column Under Sail, "Wooden Warhorses" by David Schmidt displays a picture of JUNO taken at the 2009 Antigua Classic Yacht Regatta. JUNO has finished first all four times she has entered.
- VINEYARD GAZETTE, "An Ancient Art Lives on at Island Boatyard," cover story and picture by Mark Lovewell describes the building of the Holmes Hole 29 "Sheena."
- MARTHA'S VINEYARD LIFE, "Great Grains," 2008 annual issue, pp 52-29. Cover story about Gannon and Benjamin. Cover photo of "Charlotte," 50' schooner launched September 2007.
- CAPE COD TRAVEL GUIDE, Spring/Summer 2007. Cover photograph is of "Juno," the 65' schooner built by G&B and launched September 2003.
- "A World of Boating," 2006 engagement calendar, published by Wooden Boat, with photographs by Onne van der Wal, features JUNO for the week of April 17, 2006
- OFFSHORE, November 2005, "An Island Haven," p. 49. An article about Holmes Hole, aka Vineyard Haven, credits "the legendary boatbuilders" (Nat and Ross) for attracting, or building, the large wooden boat fleet in the town's harbor.
- THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF YACHT DESIGNERS, Created and Edited by Lucia del Sol Knight and Daniel Bruce MacNaughton, W.W. Norton & Co, 2006, p. 41 Nat Benjamin listed with a photo of REBECCA, built by G&B in 2001.
- CAPE COD MAGAZINE, August 2005, JUNO is featured on the cover.
- ARTE NAVALE, Anno 6, Numero 29. April/May 2005, "Dalle Alpi al mare." Photographer David Forster's picture of JUNO, taken during the 2004 Classic Yacht Regatta in Antigua, BWI, appears on page 105. In the 2004 regatta, JUNO won her class;in 2005,she swe
- CAPE COD TIMES, May 28,. 2005, p.A20, "Vineyard 'Picnic Boat' Set to Launch."
Story and pictures of the launch of ILONA, 29' power boat.
- VINEYARD GAZETTE, "Lofting: Wooden Boats Bring Business to Waterfront," by Max Hart, March 4, 2005. Front page article about G&B and the building of two gigs under the aegis of Vineyard Voyagers. Ross sparked the gigs project to initiate a community rowi
- PINC.6 CONFERENCE, "The Power of Passion and Creativity," May 24, 2005, The Netherlands. Nat Benjamin is one of the speakers. See www.pinc.nl for more information.
- MEN'S JOURNAL, "American Classics, March 2005, p.82. Article celebrates craftsmanship. Pictures of G&B and a brief commentary.
- WOODEN BOAT CALENDAR 2005. REBECCA, our 60' schooner launched in 2001, is featured on the cover and for the month of September. Photo is by Ben Mendlowitz.
- CRUISING WORLD, November 2004, "Irresistible Lure," pp. 36-43. Article about Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket has pictures of G&B and a page spread of Vineyard Haven harbor with G&B-built LIBERTY at her mooring in the foreground (pp40-41).Nat's own boat,
- VINEYARD STYLE, Fall 2004, "Sitting on the Rail; The Vantage Point of Photographer Louisa Gould," pp.32-41 features pictures of some G&B boats: Isabella, Rebecca, Hope and Wonder.
- THE MARTHA'S VINEYARD TIMES, "Island sailing program offers solace," July 15, 2004. WHEN AND IF, G&B's charter vessel, offers charters to islanders with severe medical problems.
- THE DAY (New London, CT), July 10, 2004. Front page picture of WHEN AND IF sailing up Thames River,at the start of the New Lond Sail Fest. Front page, Section C (Region), picture and article about Ian Thomas, WHEN AND IF's captain.
- CAPE COD LIFE, July 2004, "Chartered Adventures," opens the article citing G&B's charter vessel WHEN AND IF.
- VINEYARD GAZETTE, June 25, 2004. Brief story and pictures of EPIPHANY's launch.
- MARTHA'S VINEYARD TIMES, June 24, 2004, p. 8. Story and pictures of the launch of EPIPHANY, the Buzzards Bay 25 built by G&B during the winter of 2003-04.
- WOODEN BOAT No. 178, May/June 2004, "Designs Department," CELESTE, the 28' gaff sloop launched in 2003. Cover story, "The Education of Myles Thurlow," is a feature article about G&B's local rigger, with mention and picture of JUNO.
- WOODEN BOAT No. 176, January/February 2004, "Around the Yards". JUNO launch.
- SOUNDINGS, February 2004, "Schooner Magic," cover story, p. 26 REBECCA
- BOAT USA, December 2003, p. 24. JUNO launch.
- OFFSHORE, November 2003, p. 18. JUNO launch.
- THE MARTHA’S VINEYARD TIMES, September 11, 2003. Cover story, "Her Name is Juno"
- VINEYARD GAZETTE, September 9, 2003, "Juno, At Launch, is Bid Sweet Dreams."
PORTLAND magazine, July/August 2003, "From the Editor," p.10. About WHEN AND IF.
- WOODEN BOAT, No. 168, September/October 2002, "The Schooner REBECCA: Pragmatism born of Experience," by Bill Mayher, p. 70.
- WOODEN BOATS: In Pursuit of the Perfect Craft at an American Boatyard, by Michael Ruhlman. Viking Press 2001 (hardcover). Penguin USA 2002 (paperback). The building of REBECCA.
- MARTHA’S VINEYARD MAGAZINE, July/August 2001, p. 18. "A Harbor of Wooden Boats: The schooner REBECCA," p. 18.
- WOODEN BOAT MAGAZINE, "The Right Stuff: With top materials and smart construction, REBECCA is built for the ages," by Daivd Stimson, p. 24.
- MARTHA’S VINEYARD MAGAZINE, May/June 1997, "Waterfront Renaissance." Gannon and Benjamin’s role in the waterfront economy.
- SAIL, November 1996, cover picture, LANA & HARLEY (now CALABASH), built 1988 by G&B.
- WOODEN BOAT,September/October 1992, "Candle in the Wind: A new yawl in the old tradition." About G&B and Nat's design of a 30'gaff yawl.
- CAPE COD COMPASS MAGAZINE, Vol. 36, late summer/fall 1989, "To Build A Boat," p. 51, with picture of Liberty, Swallows & Amazons Forever and Sally Mae under sail.
- ISLANDS, An International Magazine, March 1987, "Building Boats on Martha’s Vineyard," p. 121.
- WOODEN BOAT, No. 95, July/August 1990, "Gannon and Benjamin," p. 70. The story of G&B’s fire in October 1989. Full page picture of LIBERTY, built by G&B in 1986.